Sheepish Ramblings

This. 
Right here. 
You, resisting violence and cupping my face just enough to give me a peek into your vibrating passion. Perilously close to destruction.
Me, aiming to hide my falling heart. Failing laughably.
In the nostalgic downpour.
Your sweet violence.
My transient annoyance.
Sometimes I'm mistaken for indifference. I'm overthinking. 
Part of the thing is that I feel a tad blue when you don't respond. It makes my brain do the thing in overdrive. So as a way to curb my fears, I stick to longing rather than calling. 
I know that emotion better.
The other part is that when I do see the camera begging for my thumb's lick-up, knowing you're longing on the other side too, my heart swells with warmth. Everything slows down and my thoughts go hide in their respective cocoons to give the spotlight to conversations. 
I love that emotion. 
Sometimes I'm mistaken for considerate. I'm selfish. 
I'm a child, you say, I do not yet understand the world. 
I say I may not be worldy, but I am sensible about you.  
I'm trying to be better, I don't know if you see that. I know it's not enough. 
This. 
Right here. 
In the calming sunset. 
You with your undying faith.
Me with my recurring qualms. 
.
This.
Right here. 
May just be a dream? 
May just be home? 

Comments

Popular Posts